Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Beware of credit card skimming!

Beware of credit card skimming!

Last month I went to a famous shopping mall with my wife for a shopping. Can you guess what did I purchase? You are right guys the diamond jewellery for my wife (very easy to guess), iPod for me and xBox 360 for my son. Surprisingly I couldn't guess the figure in my credit card statement for this purchase. I was shocked when I saw the credit card statement...not because of jewellery bill...but the amount charged for the purchase that I didn't do.

Amazing, but it's true. A point of sale operator, waiter or a cashier could have swiped an extra swipe of your credit card to whom you have handed over your credit card for payments. A small hand-held device known as a skimmer makes it possible. The skimmer is a credit card skimming machine and is easily available on Internet.

Credit card skimming machine simply copies the information from your credit card, which is used by a fraudster to make a cloned credit card. A single credit card skimming machine has the capacity to hold data from hundreds of different credit cards.

Important tips to fight against credit card skimming

Keep a close eye on your transactions made by credit card when paying in a mall, restaurant or gas station. If possible follow a waiter back to the payment terminal in a restaurant. It may look awkward and silly but it's essential to avoid your credit card to be cloned and misused.

Get More Tips...

1 Comments:

At 9:40 PM, Blogger Williamethan said...

I have noticed that American Express Gold continues to sweeten the pot each year with more and more benefits to keep the card competitive with other credit cards that bear an annual fee.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web YOUR DOMAIN NAME